Wednesday, November 7, 2007

conspiracy query.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



"why do you always wear the pants" she asked me, flicking her hair over her shoulder.
"why don't you ever wear the kilt?" my mother asked me, frowning at my most adequately covered legs.
"why do you always wear those pants?" he asked me, his smirking mouth laughing at me.
i tell them because they are comfortable.
because they are warm in the winter.
because then i don't have to watch how i sit.
because kilts are stupid.
because pants are what i would wear if we didn't have to wear uniforms.
but it's really because i refuse to cooperate and become a sexual object walking around in the most coveted catholic school girl attire. i'm not even catholic, my mother is. and i'm convinced that this is all a man's idea. it's jesus's idea. it's a priest's idea. when you think about it, the only women involved here are completely fully clothed in black and white from their scalps to their ankles. and what are we supposed to wear? a tiny tarten skirt. the same outfit that is sold as a slutty halloween costume. the same outfit that the degrading labatt blue commercials feature skinny blonde girls wearing while they cater beer to men. the same clothing that is featured in countless perverted anime novels. the same outfit that is fetishized by creepy old men. and we're supposed to wear this ensemble as a tribute to chastity and uniformity, of sexlessness and abstinence? this isn't fooling anyone and i refuse to participate. i'll wear my fucking boys pants for the whole of my four years at this sex crazed patriarchial institution.

i am sitting in the library, writing bitter angsty poetry.
"why do you always wear the pants?" he asked me, eyeing my black polyester clad legs.
he is a dark haired pale boy sitting across a couple rows of study desks.
"it's fucking minus three hundred degrees, what would you do?" i asked him.
he gets up from the desk he is sitting at. he is wearing a kilt.
and i think i have found my new best friend at this school.

2 comments:

coffeebreath said...

nice title, but more so... omg, like way to be soooooo like awesome at writing, lol lmao!!!
you know how much i admire your writing and this is not an exception. genius, i'll add.

ariane said...

Wow, you are a really good writer. I'm glad you're in English. As for the uggs... I really don't know. They're EVERYWHERE at Western, it's like... Ugg central. You're in London tomorrow? Well I suppose it's today now. I wanted to go to weakerthans, but apparently it's sold out? I don't know that's weird because it's at CTO... which is... less than a stellar place. I mean it has good shows but you'd think they'd go to Salt lounge, maybe even Centennial. Oh well. Maybe I'll see you! I can only hope... and dream... I went to MSR only that weekend, I worked and did a freakload of homework. And... I really can't remember. I recall some sort of party, and... oh who knows!